The Islamic Center (المركز الاسلامى) was officially opened in June of 1957. From its inception, it had set its goals of promoting a better understanding of Islam in the United States. It is an institution that stands ready to help anyone who may reveal a desire to embrace Islam and serves as a source of guidance for Muslims. It provides Qur’an and Islamic Literature and distribution of such publications that would create awareness and knowledge of Islamic Truth. It provides help to the needy by extending assistance (zakat) especially to families in distress. Other activities of the Islamic Center include:
- Officiating marriage ceremonies to wedding couples
- Organizing language and religious classes both for adults and children
- Offering counsel whenever needed
- Welcoming visitors and meeting their anticipation of gaining knowledge about Islam
- Providing a research center equipped with an adequate library
The Islamic Center cooperates with U.S. Administration, Muslim and non-Muslim Organizations to promote a better understanding of Islam and the Islamic Center’s ideals.